[I am always astounded and amazed how a small R&E networking organization like SURFnet has become such a powerful engine of innovation, not only for Dutch universities, but the Dutch economy in general.
I am proud, to have contributed, in a my very small way, to these developments. This latest project by SURFnet is something I have been blogging about for some time.
Ericsson has been contracted by SURFnet to perform a technology scouting study for a private 4G LTE network.
– Private campus network without own users
– Guest access for registered users from all providers, special national roaming
– Can function with an existing SIM
– No new subscription
– No changes to the device
– No user intervention required
– Phones from registered users switch automatically when entering campus area
What is especially cool about this project, is how the national service will be funded in partnership with a national carrier. More on that later – BSA]
Green Internet Consultant. Practical solutions to reducing GHG emissions such as free broadband and electric highways. http://green-broadband.blogspot.com/
Bill St. Arnaud
- Bill St. Arnaud is a consultant and research engineer who works with clients around the world on a variety of subjects such as next generation Internet networks and developing practical solutions to reduce CO2 emissions such as free broadband and dynamic charging of eVehicles. He is an author of many papers and articles on these topics and is a frequent guest speaker. For more details on my research interests see https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Bill_Arnaud